Dog-Sense For All Dog Owners
GRAPE FEARS TOXIC TO DOG OWNERS
Readers have the Last Word On Grapes; raisin-grape toxicity is nothing more than prosperous fear created by ASPCA, Poison Control and complicit veterinarians who prey on dog owners.
October 2016 UPDATE | TheDogPress.com
In July we asked over 22,200 subscribers to describe their experience (below). We deliberately attempted to influence them by including top internet search returns for "dogs, raisins, grapes" and to illustrate how fear-generates-profit. Here are those warnings as of September 2016.
"Grape and raisin (dried grapes) toxicity is well documented in dogs. Although the exact substance that causes the toxic reaction is not yet known, dogs should not eat grapes and raisins because even small amounts can prove to be fatally toxic for a dog." petmd.com
"Raisins are very poisonous to dogs. Even a small amount can cause acute kidney failure… " petpoisonhelplinecom
"The raisin-grape poison phenomenon was first identified by the Animal Poison Control Center (APCC), run by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA)."
TheDogPress.com investigated and reported the Grapes Poison Dogs Myth as early as 2009, generating tremendous reader feedback. Then in July of 2016, Sherrie Hall sent a photo of her dog and an email which we have quoted in part. It is typical of the many owner reports refuting the grape and raisin toxicity warnings.
Editor's note: For more information, explore the links displayed below. TheDogPress.com and TheDogPlace.org will keep this cautionary information in the public eye. COMMENTS ARE NOW CLOSED BUT click to send this to your friends so they get the first-hand facts from our clinical field trial.